- Not all students have access to the Internet in practice, even tho they do in theory (through the school computers). Altho they CAN use the school's computers, they CAN'T because the computer rooms are not available when my students have free periods.
- Students forget their username or password, so they hand in their homework on paper.
- Students login ok but post their homework in the wrong place (wrong week, wrong forum, wrong assignment).
- Students login ok, but post their homework late (so many miss the deadline that it becomes meaningless), which means each time I bring up the assignment page, there's 1 or 2 stragglers who have added their contribution.
Dream: students can use the Moodle or a blog to post their reflections on their learning. Even better, they can read each other's reflections and comment on them, creating a community of learners.
Reality: Typical student reflections:
- Today, I studied English.
- It (sic) listening a song. It was interesting.
Much as I admire Anne Davis and people like her, at this point in the year, this post just makes we want to click "unsubscribe". Bye Anne!